Future Classic F8X (S55) Oil Filter Housing Cap
Function and Form. The factory F8X oil filter housing cap is made of plastic which, by nature of the material, dissipates heat poorly and is prone to failure over repeated heat cycles. By contrast to the OEM unit, our cap is constructed from 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum which promises two functional benefits: greater longevity and cooler running throughout its life cycle.
So too will the oil itself benefit: By getting your oil up to temperature quickly, but tangentially evacuating excess heat, the aluminum oil filter housing cap will help your fluid operate within its working range while effectively preventing thermal breakdown.
Each cap has been meticulously manufactured on a DMG Mori 5-Axis with specially sourced tooling to achieve some of the cap's intricate details. Anodized, the housing cap’s details are happily preserved but offer up a valuable way for an enthusiast to express their individuality. Four colors are available at launch to maximize choice: Ferrari Red, Royal Blue, Hard Coat Clear, and Hard Coat Black.
Appropriately, our latest livery box echoes a Gulf theme—echoing our motorsport intent and ties to the culture that has inspired us to create from the beginning.
NOTE: Factory filter stock must be swapped into Future Classic Oil Filter Cap.
- Compatible with S55-equipped BMW cars and most N-Series 4 and 6 cyl engines (replaces BMW 11427525334)
- Plug and play replacement for OE plastic cap
- CNC precision machined from 6061-T6 aerospace aluminum
- Improves heat dissipation and increases cap longevity
- Four anodizing options: Ferrari Red, Royal Blue, Hard Coat Clear, & Hard Coat Black
- Proudly made in USA
- Optional Add-Ons:
- Genuine BMW oil filter kit (11427854445)
- F8X M3 / M4
- F87 M2 Competition
- F87 M2 (N55)
- Most N-Series engine applications