ESS E9X M3 VT2-625 Supercharger System
ESS Tuning is a name that has become synonymous with uncompromised performance and reliability in the automotive industry when talking about supercharging and tuning BMW’s. With over 1700 units sold, our E9X M3 supercharger kit is by far the most proven system in the world.
The intercooled E9X M3 VT2-625 supercharger system produces 625hp and 410lb-ft of torque at 6.5-7psi of boost. A 211hp gain over stock, which is more than a Mercedes SLS Black Series.
Our kit improves upon the OEM intake manifold, adding in a custom cast manifold ‘ribbed’ with optimized runners flowing into CNC’d aircraft-grade 6061 aluminum velocity stacks to smooth out airflow and reduce disruptive turbulence entering the throttle bodies, and is centered around the market’s largest liquid intercooler system. This ensures the intake charge temps remain in check during prolonged use on the track, autobahn, or street. The manifold was designed not only for optimum flow, but to be both aesthetically pleasing while keeping weight to a minimum to not disrupt the iconic handling balance of the M3.
We chose an equally renowned supercharger to build the kit around, Vortech’s V3-Si, which has been proven across many platforms for both consistent performance and long-term reliability. However, what really sets the ESS kit above all the others is our software tuning. For over 22 years, we’ve lived and breathed BMW’s, and it becomes apparent the second you sit behind the wheel of an ESS-tuned car. The kit will include ESS’s E-Flash OBD2 cable and specific ESS MSS60 engine software that has undergone years of revisions to get perfected to where it is today. The E-Flash allows the end user to upload the supercharger ECU software from any PC running Windows XP or newer and includes full diagnostic and code clearing capability. Any future ESS software updates can be received by email and loaded directly to the car. The stock ECU software will be saved and can easily be restored in the future.
The system maintains all OBD-II functions and it is backed by a comprehensive 2 -year, unlimited mileage warranty program. The kit takes 8-14 hours to install using normal hand tools and no irreversible modifications to the car are necessary.
Our kit is a reflection of our zero compromise approach to supercharging. Only the best quality components are granted a place in our kits. After development, we vigorously test both the hardware and software, putting them through their paces on the street, track, and autobahn. Through this, we achieve reliability and quality that is on-par with the OEM themselves. This helps create the ever-desired OEM+ look for an appearance that says “take me out for a nice dinner, but don’t be afraid to use the back roads and let me loose on the way home.”
Intercooled, 6.5-7PSI system compatible with manual and DCT. 91AKI/95RON or above required. *HFC or cat-delete mid section recommended.
- Vortech V3 Si-trim supercharger unit
- Cast aluminum ESS intake manifold with integrated velocity stacks optimized for boost
- High capacity liquid intercooler system (VT2 only)
- Vortech Maxflow Race bypass assembly
- High temperature casted plastic intake system for SC
- Uni-belt drive system with additional OEM quality rollers
- Heavy-Duty drive belt
- CNC hard anodized brackets and hardware
- High temperature silicone hoses with clamps
- ESS oil breather assembly designed for boost
- 8 larger Bosch Motorsport fuel injectors, 625 spec
- K&N high flow air filter
- ESS E-Flash reprogramming and diagnostic interface
- Perfectly optimized, dyno tweaked VT2-625 spec MSS60 ECU software with removed top speed governor, calibrated for Spec 2 injectors
- Detailed, step-by-step installation manual
- All installation hardware included
- 2 year/unlimited mileage warranty
Application intended for:
- E90 / E92 / E93 M3 from 2008-2013
For off-road use only.